Rajkumar College, Raipur, one of the premier institutions of Eastern India, was founded by Sir Andrew Fraser, the then Chief Commissioner of C.P. & Berar, in the year 1882 at Jabalpur as a hostel known as the “Rajkumar School”, to impart education to the sons and relatives of the Ruling Chiefs and Zamindars of the Eastern States, who had donated large funds to establish the same. The School functioned at Jabalpur till 1894 and thereafter, shifted to its present site at Raipur, making it a full- fledged school with boarding house facilities. The seeding being done, the sprouting was left in the hands of Rev. G.D. Oswell, who was the Principal of Rajkumar College, Raipur from 1894 to 1910. He had a delicate and difficult task to put the School on a very sound footing, and he performed it admirably.